(Because bayalexison told me to.) Herein are links to all of my existing fan fictions, categorized by fandom.
I. Harry Potter (the fandom where I got my name)
- Ron’s Soliloquy - What happened the night of the Yule Ball? Fred and George invade Ron’s dreams and provide commentary in this look at different incidents in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th books which point to Ron’s feelings for Hermione. This was my very, very, very first published fanfic. Be gentle. It’s older than my marriage.
- Could I Haff a Vord? - What happened when Hermione and Viktor spoke privately at the end of book 4? This Clue-inspired story offers three possible scenarios. RH romantic leanings. Sort of vaguely a sequel to Ron’s Soliloquy but not really.
- Quill You Marry Me? - Ron’s looking for a unique way to ask Hermione to marry him. A little help from the twins, plus Quidditch, candy, and a really awful pun create a memorable proposal. Received Honorable Mention for ‘Best Use of a Pun’ at the Sugar Quill.
- An Elaborate Charade - When Ron and Hermione overhear a plot to get them together, they take matters into their own hands and pretend to fall madly in love. Do the words “self-fulfilling prophecy” mean anything to you?
Wow. Just reading over these descriptions makes me feel old. Moving on.
II. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (film - the fandom that liked to threaten my life)
- The Private Diary of Elizabeth Quatermain - After the events of the film, Allan Quatermain’s daughter works with the League to solve a mystery her father left behind.
- TPDoEQ II: The Egypt Chronicle - “All for Egypt” was the call at the end of the first Private Diary. Elizabeth Quatermain continues to document the League’s exploits in the land of the pharaohs, where they meet Dr. Howard Carter and face off with an ancient Egyptian menace.
- TPDoEQ III: The Wintering - Elizabeth journals the adventures of the League as they pass the winter by visiting tropical countries, exchanging Christmas gifts, and celebrating the marriage of two of their own. But will it all be quiet and peaceful? Not likely.
- TPDoEQ IV: Only in America - The League heads for America and the hometown of Tom Sawyer. Along the way they go to a ball, somebody’s heart gets broken, somebody gets blackmailed, somebody gets his life threatened, and there’s a wedding nobody wants to see. (This was the story that had people threatening my life. Not seriously…I don’t think…but still.)
- Only in America: Skinner’s Story - The events of TPDoEQ vol. IV as told from the perspective of everyone’s favorite invisible thief. Find out what happened when he and the object of his affections were separated during the visit to America.
- TPDoEQ V: Tartan Holiday - In this final installment of the diary series, Elizabeth once again records the League’s chaotic lives. While Mina tracks down her son, and Skinner tries to ask a longawaited question, the League is asked to locate one of England’s greatest heroes, missing in action.
- Outtakes from this series:
- While She Was Sleeping - An outtake from the original “Private Diary of Elizabeth Quatermain.” While Elizabeth recovers from her misadventure in Paris, the League discusses her future, and learns why Nemo wants her to remain. One shot.
- Elizabeth’s Shield - One-shot outtake from TPDoEQ. Skinner looks back over the events of volumes I through III and reflects on his relationship with Elizabeth.
- Athena’s Twilight - One-shot outtake from volume III of the TPDoEQ series. Henry Jekyll looks back on his relationship with a certain someone as he mentally prepares for a very big event.
- The Doctor’s Notes - One-shot outtake from volume III, Henry Jekyll records his observations over the few days in South America when the regular diarist succumbed to illness.
- Allan Observes TPDoEQ - While trying to coax the muse out of hiding to finish the TPDoEQ series, the author channeled the unexpectedly funny, Bridget Jones-styled thoughts of her protagonist’s late father. Rated for some British slang swear words.
III. The Legend of Zelda (my first fandom, but I didn’t start writing for it until a couple years ago)
- Til the Sun Grows Cold and the Stars Grow Old - Link has more than a few lifetimes of memories running through his mind, and they all lead him back to where his heart belongs. Will he be separated from her forever? MASSIVE SPOILERS for Twilight Princess. Link/Zelda.
- If It’s Dinsday, This Must Be Castle Town - Rusl, retired and bored, schemes to matchmake his friends from the Resistance - Auru with Telma and Shad with Ashei. The much less serious sequel to “Til the Sun Grows Cold and the Stars Grow Old.”
- Burn - Fire ruminates on his feelings about air and water. Ganon/Zelda, one-sided, with slight implications of Link/Zelda. Rated G on the surface; where you take it in your mind is your business. One shot.
- You can also experience “Burn” in podcast form, read here by selahexanimo.
- Faithless Path to Roam - In the days of awaiting the Hero’s arrival, Zelda is trapped inside Hyrule Castle. More than that, she’s trapped inside her own mind and body…and she’s not alone in there. Minor violence, threats of future violence and non-consensual sex. TP spoilers. Took third place in the Zelda fiction contest conducted by Seraph Swords, the result of which was that I got the Hylian shield for basically free. :D
IV. Professor Layton
- Beloved My Cheeseburger - Following the events of “Unwound Future,” Flora finds herself in a weird scrape with Don Paolo. Has he really gotten over Claire at last? What does a cheeseburger have to do with his hatred of Layton? And what is Pavel really up to? Crackfic cuteness.
- Knights and Knaves - One always tells the truth; one always lies. Flora feels like the unfavorite compared to Luke. She finds solace with an eccentric toymaker, but something’s not right. Can this fatherless daughter and her childless father find each other?
V. Fullmetal Alchemist (the fandom by which most of you know me)
- Shadowlight - Roy can see some things very clearly. Roy/Riza, set toward the end of Brotherhood. Spoilers for “Lost Light” and subsequent episodes.
- I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Riza dealing with Roy’s blindness, how she comes to terms with it, with him, with everything. Written for the 2011 FMA Ladyfest event, based on my friend Emma’s prompt.
- My contest entries at the LiveJournal FMA Fic Contest community - these are my various responses to prompts in the community, some of which even won prizes. To link them all would require continuous upkeep of this post, since there’s a new prompt every week, though I don’t respond to all. Some of the stories are set in the continuity of the Elemental Chess Trilogy; most are stand-alones.
- The Elemental Chess Trilogy
- Flowers of Antimony - “Fullmetal, you’re the only guy I know who can turn getting married into an international incident.” Ed’s wedding plans get disrupted when unknown forces attack Central City. Post-Brotherhood, spoilers; ensemble.
- Brilliancy - Amestris’s chessmaster will need the support of all his closest pieces when he’s challenged by an unseen opponent. But even if he wins, he still might lose… Post manga/Brotherhood, spoilers. RoyAi.
- The Game of Three Generals - Fuhrer Grumman and the loyal allies of Team Mustang must stop the villainous Acheron…but can they figure out his plans before someone dies? Full ensemble, pairings as in two prior parts.
- Triumvirate - The prequel to the Elemental Chess Trilogy, written for the 2011-2012 FMA Big Bang on LiveJournal. Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, and Maes Hughes form an alliance that will sustain them through the Ishvalan War and beyond. Roy/Riza, Maes/Gracia.
- Harry Potter in the Realm of Dungeons & Dragons - Harry, Ron and Hermione get sucked into the world of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon from the 1980s. One-shot, complete with commercial interruptions.
- Harry Potter and the Florinese Dream - Hermione shows Harry and Ron The Princess Bride (on VHS, just to show you how old this story is), then falls asleep and dreams herself into the story. Features Ron as Westley, Hermione as Buttercup, Dumbledore as the narrator, Harry as Inigo Montoya, and Draco Malfoy as Prince Humperdinck.
- Brainy and the Beast - A crossover of Harry Potter and Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, with Hermione in the Belle role and Ron as the Beast. Notable for the non-sequitir musical number inspired by Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and also for getting me a lot of flak from later readers because I have Ginny’s full name as Virginia. (I’m aware that JKR announced it’s really Ginevra, but the story was written a good six years before that information was made public.)
- The Bank Called, Your Reality Check Bounced - A set of somewhat bizarre circumstances strands the seven members of the Ouran High School Host Club in Amestris, where they must rely on the hospitality of the Elric brothers and their friends until they find a way home. Tamaki wants Ed and Winry to confess their love to each other. Roy establishes a Central Command Host Club. And it just gets weirder from there. Post-FMA canon, utter nonsense.
VII. Alice in Wonderland
This was a fic I started in 2010, abandoned in the wake of a personal crisis, and decided to resurrect. I adore this movie.
- Queen of Darkness, Queen of Dawn - When you have the power to make anyone love you, how do you know who loves you for yourself? A biographical account of the life of Mirana, the White Queen, from her early days until after the movie. Mad Hatter/White Queen pairing.
VIII. Dragon Age: Origins
I did not intend to do this, ever. Then again, most things on this list were not intended. Anyway, I got pressed into trying DA:O, fell in love with it, and enjoyed watching my character fall in love with Alistair. The result:
- Shadow and Rose - ”Well, on the off chance that this does somehow become a useful document to somebody - whoever you are, hello - I guess I should start by explaining who I am that’s doing the writing.” Entries in the personal journal of Alistair, Grey Warden of Ferelden, starting from just before his Joining. Human Female Noble origin, Alistair/Warden pairing.
IX. My stuff at TV Tropes
Because I’m shamelessly self-indulgent, some of my more well-read stories have their own pages on TV Tropes. Debating creating one for the FMA/OHSHC crossover, but haven’t come up with enough tropes yet to make it worthwhile.
Any questions? The ask box is over yonder.